TIP104 Consultancy & detective skills
4-hour interactive online workshop
Tuesday 27th September 2022 (10am-3pm GMT)
If you work in a corporate Insight team you cannot generate new insights unless you act like a consultant and nail the underlying business issue. Too many analysts and researchers skip this step and try to respond to research and analysis requests.
We all know this doesn't work, and it cannot help an Insight team to identify value for its business and drive change. But getting out of the habit is hard, especially when stakeholders are demanding and as Insight professionals we naturally want to please them.
To produce genuine insights about consumers and how they can interact with our business to generate value, we also need to put these source-specific labels such as market researchers or analysts to one side and act as Insight detectives.
In this 4-hour workshop, we will explore the best way to frame Insight projects and investigate business issues. There are segments devoted to:
- The questions we should ask ourselves and our stakeholders before beginning a new Insight project
- The best way to frame projects like a consultant, using the IMA's SCQAB tool
- The role of context and hypotheses in generating new insights
- The importance of exploring diverse data sources and focusing on interpretation, forming opinions and making recommendations
- This workshop is led by Julia Joskey and Jane Woolley
- Recent participants have included Barclays, Sport Wales, Carnival, Simplyhealth and TfGM
- IMA members can book individual places for their team members for 20 TIP credits (or £199 +VAT)
- Non-members can book individual places for £299 +VAT
- This workshop can also be arranged for an Insight team of up to 15 people for 180 TIP credits (or £1,799 +VAT for members, £2,699 +VAT for non-members)
Please contact us if your organisation is not yet a member but you’d like to take advantage of the 33% member discount.
This workshop explores some of the principles discussed in
- Transforming Insight: the 42 secrets of successful Insight teams, chapters 5 and 6
- Insight Generation Insight leader guides and videos
Please click here to make an online booking for individual workshop places
Please click here to contact us for more information, to make an offline booking, of if your organisation is eligible for free places on our workshops.
Please click here to read about our other Transforming Insight programme options